BASIS Schools is one of the top public charter school networks in the nation. It opened its first San Antonio campus, BASIS San Antonio, in the Medical Center in 2013. That campus now serves grades 5-9, and will grow one grade each year until it serves grades 5-12. In 2014, it opened a second campus, BASIS San Antonio North, near the San Antonio Airport this year, enrolling students grades 5-8. BASIS’ open registration has closed, but it is still taking applications for the 2014-15 school year on a first-come, first-served basis. To apply, visit http://basisschools.org/enrollment
BASIS offers accelerated science and liberal arts programs that rival the best schools in the world. Here are some quick facts about BASIS:
- 100% of BASIS graduates have been accepted to 4-year universities.
- BASIS graduates take an average of 10 AP exams with a 90% pass rate.
- There are more BASIS 10th graders recognized as National AP Scholars (8+ AP credits) than those produced from public and private schools in Texas, New York, and California combined.
- BASIS schools are ranked among the top ten high school programs in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, Newsweek, and The Washington Post.
To learn more about BASIS, watch the videos below or use our form to request additional details about upcoming information sessions and the enrollment process.
BASIS Schools on CNN
About Basis Schools
BASIS is a Public Charter School, meaning it is:
- Publicly funded and tuition-free;
- Not affiliated with any religion;
- Required by law to serve all students and accommodate special needs; and
- Is non-selective, meaning if more students sign up than can be accommodated, a random public lottery is held to determine who is accepted.
About BASIS Texas
- BASIS San Antonio is located off Floyd Curl and Hamilton Wolfe. They opened with in the fall of 2013 with grades 5-8 initially, and will grow one grade level annually until the campus serves grades 5-12 in 2017. Visit their website for more details: basissanantonio.org.
- BASIS San Antonio North is located off Ramsey near the intersection of 410 and 281. It opened in the fall of 2014 with grades 5-8 initially, and will grow one grade level annually until the campus serves grades 5-12 in 2018. Visit their website for more details: basissanantonionorth.org.