About Families Empowered
The San Antonio Charter School Waitlist Problem
Families Empowered serves all parents in need of assistance navigating the marketplace of schools. However, the growing demand for seats in high- quality charter schools in San Antonio has created a problem for tens of thousands of families. Unable to serve all the children that are applying for their schools, these public charter
How Families Empowered Helps
- Families Empowered connects with families looking for school options, creates empowered families and schools by sharing credible information about school choices in and around the cities we serve, and connect families with schools and schools with families.
- Each year, Families Empowered serves thousands of parents by providing access to tools, resources and events to choose a school for their child.
- Families Empowered does not advocate for one schooling option over another; they connect parents to all their school options, and introduce schools to families who are actively looking for alternatives.
- Through the organization’s summer Call Center, Families Empowered builds person-to-person relationships with parents, providing them credible information about school options in their area. Thousands of phone calls have been made to support parents during their search for a high-quality school.
- Families Empowered brings parents and schools together during the School Connection Fair series. These free events help parents create personal connections with local schools, eager to serve their students. Over 3,200 school and parent connections were made during the 2016 School Connection Fair series.
Contact Us Today
Are you interested in learning more about Families Empowered and the high-performing educational options in San Antonio? Please click the button to the right to contact us and learn more today.